Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 4...I'm Thankful for Grace!

Grace means getting something that you don't deserve.  I've always found it difficult to accept grace from anyone whether it be someone buying my meal, giving me a compliment, and especially the grace offered through Jesus.  Before fully understanding grace, I found myself on this depressing cycle of trying to earn grace.  I would get wrapped up in doing good so that I could prove to God that I was good.  My misconception allowed me to disappoint myself over and over again over the years because I am human and I am a sinner.  What I failed to understand was the fact that I am a sinner, but I am a sinner saved by grace.

Because of Jesus, I do not have to "be good enough".  His blood has already washed away all my blemishes.  I don't have to try harder, do better, etc...God meets me right where I am, and He loves me despite all my junk.  He freely extends His grace to me over and over again.  It is because of His grace that I can walk confidently knowing that I am a beloved child of God, formed by God, for a purpose which He created just for me to accomplish through Him with the knowledge that I am indeed good enough for Him through the grace of Jesus. 

Without grace, I am hopeless, defeated, a failure, and will never be good enough.  Because of grace alone, I am redeemed, righteous, sanctified, holy, and a daughter of the Living God.  Thank you God for showing me the true meaning of grace.  I will forever be thankful for the grace extended to man through the blood of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment