Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15: I'm Thankful for Danielle

As I mentioned just a few days ago, making and keeping friends has never been my forte, but today I want to express my thanks for my best friend Danielle Owens.



Rewind back to high school.  I can't say I ever hated this girl, but she was definitely not my favorite person.  She had never really done anything to me (except for date Brent that one time), and I didn't know her at all.  I just knew of her.  I just saw how she interacted with others and I thought she was just a big ole flirt and it drove me CRAZY.  Well, fast forward to now and I know this girl so well, and I now know that she isn't really a flirt...it's just who she is.  She just can't keep her hands off people (male or female...she doesn't discriminate).  However, this is one of the things that I have grown to really love about her.  She knows exactly when to come wrap her arms around you and squeeze tightly! 

Danielle and I have been good friends for about 7 years now as finding out we were both pregnant at the same time sort of brought us together.  We shared our experiences, fears, and first babies.  She even went to a doctor's appointment with me once, and I'm so thankful she was there to calm my nerves and fears.  I would have fallen to pieces without her there.  We shared a miscarriage at almost the same time.  Although it affected each of us differently we were there to support one another.  I got pregnant with Elli and sure enough she became pregnant too a short time later.  When I found out I was pregnant with Crew, I had to call and make sure she wasn't pregnant again too:). 

I am so thankful for Danielle's friendship.  I know that anything I need she will go above and beyond to be there for me.  She has stepped in and taken care of my kids so many times when I couldn't and most importantly without being asked.  She doesn't think twice about the stress and extra effort it will take, she just does it joyfully.  Some of you may be thinking, "well duh, Tonya, that's what friends do."  Well I now realize that this is exactly what real friends do.


I am thankful for Danielle's honesty.  She tells me when I'm wrong and calls me on it.  Although it stings at the time, I'm thankful that she holds me accountable.  She tells me when I distance myself so that I don't become a hermit again.  Although I know it's super uncomfortable, she tells me when my kids is being a brat to hers, and I appreciate her for making sure I know so I can discipline her accordingly.  Honesty is what keeps a friendship going.


I'm thankful that Danielle loves me despite my faults, pettiness, and bad days.  She has been such an awesome friend to me, and I hope that she can say the same for me.  I admire her for her will power and go get em' attitude.  I admire her carefree spirit, love for people, and independence.  She keeps me laughing, encourages me to be a better person, and gives the some of the most heartfelt hugs ever.  She is my "girl rock" when I'm falling apart.  I'm so thankful that God sent her my way, and I hope he'll keep her around for a really long time for me!


Danielle, thank you for being such a great friend to me.  I appreciate the many times that you have served me and my family.  Going out with you is always a blast so thanks for making me get out and go!  I love how you can walk into a room of people you don't know and not appear intimidated and effortlessly make it appear like you've known them forever.  Thanks for all your encouragement, love, and honesty over the years!  I hope that I can be as good of a friend to you as you have been to me!  I love you girlie and I appreciate Y-O-U! 

No comments:

Post a Comment