Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day 3: I'm Thankful for Camryn



When I was younger, my only ambition was to one day be a mommy.  It's the only thing that I always knew that I wanted to be.  However, I never knew that it would be this amazing, hard, heart-breaking, and rewarding.  On March 23rd, 2007, God put my lifelong dream into a reality.  I still remember that day though vaguely and all the nerves, anticipation, love, and excitement that came when the doctor placed her in my arms.  I remember sobbing uncontrollably at the sight of her perfection. I counted her ten fingers and toes and stared into her big blue eyes.  I remember lying awake that first night laying my hand on her chest just to ensure she was still breathing.  She was the perfect baby...that is until we left the hospital.  Our first night home enlightened me to the realities of parenthood.  Because my milk had not yet come in, she was hungry and was not satisfied unless I was feeding her.  I would feed her and she'd fall asleep so I would place her back in the bassinet only for her to wake up 30 minutes later wanting to eat.  I remember waking up in tears and asking Brent, "What did we get ourselves into?  I can't do this.  I'm going to be a terrible mom."


Well, as you can see she's made it through six years and so have I and while everyday has not been as challenging as our first night home, there are still nights of little rest, but I'll take those anytime if it means getting to be her mommy!  I am so thankful that Camryn is a typical first born.  She's so smart and picks up on things very easily.  She takes care of business and makes sure EVERYTHING is done just right.  She's bossy and super particular.  She loves to do things right and be praised for a job well done.  She has big plans for her future...At age 2 she wanted to be a flower...pretty ambitious right?!  Since then she has expanded her dreams to all of the following careers: a cook, a doctor, a mommy (of 2 kids, a boy and a girl...b/c you know you get to pick), and a teacher.  Well, one thing is for sure whatever she does, I know it will include bossing someone around:).



I'm thankful that Camryn is such a great big sister.  I watch her interact with Ellisyn, which to be perfectly honest is fighting about 80% of the time, but the other times, I watch as she teaches Ellisyn new things, picks her up when she falls, plays imaginative games, puts on fashion shows and dance performances, and showing Elli how to live a carefree life without the restraint of others watching you.  I'm thankful that she's such a positive role model for how to behave for brother and sister.  She is so good to Crew too.  She gets so excited with every milestone he's hit and encourages him in trying new things.  She loves her brother!



I'm also thankful for Camryn's heart of service.  Wherever she goes, and whatever she does, she always wants to help.  She gets such joy out of helping others.  Whether it be washing dishes with Aunt Margaret or helping Miss Vickie pick up trash after our Easter Service at the High School, she's so excited to help.  I hope she always keeps that attitude.



Most of all, I'm thankful for her unconditional love.  Although I discipline her, disappoint her, and make her quite mad at times, she readily forgives me and extends love and grace to me almost immediately.  When this baby loves, she loves big. "A friend loves at all times." Her ability to forgive and love inspires me and reminds me that I need to be more like her, my six year old baby girl.  As much as she thinks I teach her, she teaches me so much more.


Camryn, thank you for being exactly who you are.  I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mommy.  You are such an amazing blessing in my life, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your life.  You are going to do great things through He who makes you GREAT!  I love you tttthhhiiissss much my Cammy-Cam! 

No comments:

Post a Comment