Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 2: Today I am thankful for Jesus

Brent was honored to be number one this year as proven by his Facebook post, " Ha #1 this year. Take that Camryn, Ellisyn, and Crew."  Well Brent sorry to disappoint you. You were day one, but you'll never be #1 because there's another man who will forever hold that spot.  Daddy, don't go getting the big head quite yet because it's not you either.  Number one will forever be my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I know that makes both Brent and my Daddy happy to know they fall behind Him. That's how it's supposed to be.  If my relationship with Jesus is right, then my relationships with others will be right too.  We are called to put God first in our lives so today I thank God for sending his one and only Son Jesus to come and die on the cross for my sins.  He paid the price for every sin past, present, and future so that I wouldn't have to.  Who wouldn't be thankful for that?


Jesus came to earth through the Virgin Mary.  Yes, I said Jesus was born from a virgin.  He was conceived by the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb.  I don't know or understand how that came to be, but that's what makes it so great. That's how awesome God is!  Jesus lived a sinless life.  That means that he was faced with every trial, temptation, and sin known to man, yet at the end of His life he was still blameless, righteous, our spotless lamb.  He knew the path of His life.  He knew what was to come of Him and, still, he stuck in there and endured punishment and ridicule that should have been ours.  He experienced being mocked, bullied, and accused of things He never did.  He was even beaten and nailed to a cross, carried his cross to the place where he would die with a crown of thorns placed on His head mocking Him as "king of the Jews."  What love God must have for me to send His one and ONLY Son into the world and watch Him endure all these terrible things just so I can have a relationship with Him!  Now that's love because I know how painful to watch your children hurt. It's almost unbearable, but God loved me that much!



Because of Jesus and my relationship with Jesus through the Lord Almighty, I know that I can one day stand before God righteous, blameless, spotless, His perfect daughter and share in the inheritance of heaven and forever live in the presence of my heavenly father praising Him forever.  Oh what a day that will be!!!  If you are reading this and don't know Jesus, I encourage you to seek Him.  He's there just waiting on you to call on the name of God and put your faith in trust in Him and what he did there on the cross for you and for me.  I want you to also be thankful for Jesus today and the rest of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment