Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 10: I'm Thankful for my In Laws

I knew it would happen...I missed a day of thankfulness, but hey that's life. Instead of writing a blog, I sat and enjoyed a movie and popcorn with the family, and it was well worth being late!  Today I express my thankfulness for my in-laws. I'm am most thankful to my in-laws for creating the incredible man that I get to call my husband.  Chris and Kelli have been very good to me. 

I am very thankful for Chris for always giving sound advice.  This man is such an intelligent individual and has a great understanding of life.  He's one of those people who is always right to the point to where it makes you roll your eyes.  He's one of those people you don't ask for advice when you know what you're doing is not the right decision you should make because you know what he will say.  I am also very thankful for all the times he has saved the day.  Not only is he a smart man, but he's also a great handy man.  He's rescued us from broken down cars and fixed countless things around our house.  I am also very thankful that he's willing to help my family when they need him.  These things he has done for us have saved us tons of money, time, and effort, but they're not what makes me most happy.  What makes me most thankful is how he drops what he's working on when our kids go over to see him just so he can push them on the swing or take them for a ride on the golf cart.  He's a great Pop-Pop to our babies and I'm forever grateful for that!

My mother-in-law Kelli has done so much for us as well.  She helped me plan the wedding, took my bridal photos, and even planned and paid for the reception.  She even came over while we were on our honeymoon to clean and reorganize our apartment so we could come home to a stress-free place.  That was oh so nice! I am thankful that she took care of Brent after his knee surgery so that I could work to pay the bills.  I am so thankful that she was able to take care of Camryn for us for the first 3 years of her life.  That time and love could not be replaced.  I'm thankful for all the times she has kept our children for us to work and to get the occasional date night.  She is also awesome enough to order extra Bare Minerals make up so that she can share with me!  It's like Christmas every 3 months when she gets her make up in.  I am thankful for her always inviting my parents to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family each year.  I am thankful that she makes sure Christmas is always special, not just with gifts but with tradition.  Kelli has done so much for us over the years, and I'm incredibly grateful for her!

I have great in-laws who are willing to step in and help when they're needed.  I know that I can pick up the phone anytime to call them, and one of them would be there.  That's a great feeling that can't be bought.  Thank you for all you have done for us...You are appreciated and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment